Muffins are something we do really well at the resort.
We get fantastic comments about our breakfast, but it's the pastries that cause a lot of the fuss.
Basic Muffin Ratio
I use grams, mainly because that's what pops up on the front of my scales.
About 15 – 20 minutes generally, depending on the size of your muffin tin.
If the skewer comes out clean, you're done.
- Parma ham, parmesan and basil (pictured below)
- Cheese and rosemary
- Bacon, onion, parsley
- Thyme and onion
- Pumpkin, cheddar and coriander
- Roast capsicum, feta and basil (pictured below)
- Tomato, feta and parsley
- Wattle seed – add wattle seed cooked in water to a mud consistency
- Raspberry and kaffir lime leaf
- Lemon and clove
- Apple and cinnamon (pictured below)
- Triple chocolate – cocoa powder in the flour, + dark & white choc chip in the batter
- Jaffa – cocoa in the flour, + orange zest, choc chips & orange juice
- Banana and chocolate
- Caramel muffins – make caramel flavoured milk
- Orange and cardamom (infuse cardamom in milk or add ground cardamom & orange zest to mix)
- Coconut muffins are great (dessicated coconut, shaved toasted coconut shavings & coconut milk)
- Mango muffins rock! – chunks of fresh ripe mango!
- Spiced ginger muffins – ginger, clove, cinnamon, allspice and cardamom
- Lemongrass muffins – infuse the milk with lemongrass
- Coffee and walnut – espresso shot, condensed milk and toasted or candied walnuts
- Coffee and chocolate mocha muffins
- Snicker muffins – cocoa, chocolate chunks, roasted peanuts and toffee
- Macadamia, apricot and white choc chip
- Coffee toffee muffins
- Choc hazelnut
- Peanut butter and choc chip
- And of course, the classics: banana, mixed berry, blueberry, choc chip etc.