- 200g Pork meat, barbecued, grilled, or even roasted and sliced.
- 50g Shallots or red onion, sliced
- 200g Cucumber, skin and seeds removed
- 5g Toasted dry red chilli (to taste. 1tsp to 1 dsp)
- 20ml Fish sauce, Thai or Vietnamese
- 35ml Lime juice,freshly squeezed
- 1 cup Fresh mint
- 1 dsp Ground roasted rice to see recipe click here
Get the above ingredients ready and toss them together.
Oh – cucumber mint and yoghurt. Really lash out? Shallot, cucumber, coriander, chilli, salt sugar and vinegar.
Yes, I know you can change the vinegar flavour too.
The cucumber gets a bit sloppy and soaks up all the flavours and the texture just works.
You can use most cuts for this. Neck is particularly good, also upper leg meat cuts.
Loin and fillet are a bit lean, and belly a bit fatty.
Try and get pork that's a bit streaky without being over the top